Last updated on February 1, 2020
NAVIS (“NAVIS” or “we” or “us”) cares about your privacy and is committed to processing your personal data in accordance with fair information practices and applicable data privacy laws.
This Privacy Statement (i) describes how we collect, use, protect, share, and transfer your personal data; and (ii) describes your choices and rights with respect to your personal data, and how to exercise those choices and rights with NAVIS.
NAVIS does not currently sell personal data, nor has it sold any personal data in the preceding 12 months. Further, we will not sell, rent, lease, or disclose your personal data to others except as described in this Privacy Statement
Scope of this Privacy Statement.
This Privacy Statement applies to personal data we collect when you visit the following websites (collectively, the “Website”): *.naviscrm.com. It also applies to information we collect from or about you in other ways, including in person (e.g., business cards), and from third parties. Any personal data we collect, store, or process in our role as service provider is done solely on behalf of our clients, pursuant to their express, written instructions and the terms of our associated services agreements.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to the following:
- Information that we access or collect when we provide products and services to our clients (such information, “Services Data”). NAVIS’ practices with respect to Services Data are governed by agreements entered into between NAVIS and our clients. If you are an individual who interacts with a NAVIS client and have requests or questions about personal data that may be included in Services Data, please contact the client directly for assistance. NAVIS will assist its clients with responding to any such requests as needed.
- Information that we access or collect with respect to your use of areas of the Website that require you to log in using a username and password associated with your NAVIS account.
Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
When you visit the Website, or otherwise interact with us, we gather different types of personal data about you. You can choose to provide some of this information directly, for example by filling out online forms. We collect other information automatically when you use the Website, such as technical information about the device you use and information about how you interact with the Website.
Depending on how you interact with us, the information NAVIS may collect about you includes:
- Contact information such as your name, postal address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Information about your employer, job role, professional interests, and experiences with our products or services;
- Information about your contact, language, and marketing preferences;
- Technical information relating to your use of the Website, such as details about your device and your browser, network routing information, what pages of our Website you visit and when, and your IP address; and
We collect this information from you in several ways:
- Through emails you send, or forms you submit through the Website, to request information or a demo, to subscribe to our newsletter, or to access our webinars or white papers;
- By email, telephone, or in person as part of an ongoing sales process;
- In person at conferences, tradeshows, and other industry events;
- Through automated means such as communications protocols, cookies, web beacons, and other related technologies as described in the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below;
- Through your participation in surveys, contests, and promotions;
- Through your use of social connectors and NAVIS-affiliated social networking areas, including interactions with us on third-party social media platforms;
- Through your interest in NAVIS ads placed on third-party sites; and
- By using statistical analysis or other automated means to make inferences about you and your interest in particular NAVIS products and services.
Where permitted by applicable law, other information that we gather about you from social media platforms and other sources may be combined with the data you provide to us directly.
We will only collect the information that we deem necessary for the purposes listed below. As a result, we may not be able to address a request or provide a product or a service if we are missing some of this information.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We use certain technologies, including “cookies,” web beacons, and other similar technologies to collect information about your use of the Website and to provide tailored information to you.
A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which your browser may then store on your system. Cookies can either be temporary (i.e., they last only until you close your browser), fixed in duration (i.e., they expire after a set period of time), or persistent (i.e., they remain on your computer or device until you delete them). We use both temporary and persistent cookies.
NAVIS also works with select third-party partners who set cookies to serve you NAVIS-related content, including NAVIS advertisements, on their sites or elsewhere on the Internet, based on your prior visits to our Website. NAVIS also sets cookies that look at your preferences when you use the Website so that NAVIS may offer you tailored marketing content, such as whitepapers, that you may be interested in. You may need to enable these kinds of cookies in your browser to allow this customization; or you may set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it.
For more information or to block the cookies that are set by NAVIS, please refer to user information provided with your web browser. Your browser’s Help function can instruct you about how to block cookies. Please note that if you disable cookies, some Website functionality may be limited.
Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Website does not currently respond to browser DNT signals.
Some of our web pages and HTML-formatted e-mails use web beacons in conjunction with cookies to compile statistics about Website usage. A web beacon is an electronic image, called a single-pixel (1×1) or clear GIF. Web beacons can recognize certain types of information on a visitor’s computer, such as a visitor’s cookie number, time and date of a page view and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. You may render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies. These web beacons are sometimes used to help us analyze web behavior and to enable advertising content on third-party sites as described above.
We may use any of these and other similar technologies to capture specific data related to your use of the Website, such as the pages you view, the items you download, the links you click, your access times, and your Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, and system configurations and settings. As described below, we may use this information to help us understand how you use the Website, serve you relevant content, and to assist you with questions you may have regarding our products and services.
How We Use Your Personal Data
NAVIS may use your personal data in the following ways:
- To respond to inquiries about our capabilities and offerings and to fulfill requests for information and resources such as whitepapers or webcasts;
- To send you promotional or marketing communications, or otherwise to inform you about important news about NAVIS, our new products and services, events and special offers we think you may be interested in;
- To make the Website easier for you to use, such as by identifying you across platforms or devices for a consistent user experience, and customizing content and advertising to match your interests and preferences;
- To monitor and analyze usage of the Website to allow us to improve the website and for marketing or advertising purposes;
- Where you provide feedback and feature requests, to develop and improve our products and services;
- To protect the security and integrity of the Website and our other technical assets;
- To prevent and detect fraud or other prohibited or illegal activity;
- To meet legal requirements, to respond to legal process and government requests, and to establish, exercise, or defend against legal claims;
- For other purposes for which we obtain your consent.
How We Share Your Personal Data
NAVIS does not currently sell personal data, nor has it sold any personal data in the preceding 12 months. Further, we will not sell, rent, lease, or disclose your personal data to others except as described in this Privacy Statement.
We may also disclose your personal data to unaffiliated third parties, including:
- Our vendors, subcontractors, processors, and business partners to the extent necessary in order to perform the business purposes described above;
- Any party with whom we enter into a transaction to sell or transfer of all or part of our business or assets;
- In response to a request from law enforcement or other government officials;
- In response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; and
- As we otherwise believe is necessary to protect our rights or property, including the security and integrity of the Website.
Choice / Opt-Out
NAVIS offers you the choice of receiving different types of communications and information related to our company, products and services. You may elect to receive our newsletter, webinar invitations, industry-related thought leadership, and other offers by email by filling out forms on our Website.
If at any time you would like to change your communication preferences, or opt out of receiving promotional communications from us, we provide unsubscribe links in all our emails, or you can update your marketing preferences through our Website at https://naviscrm.com/subscription-center/.
Links to third-party websites from our Website are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave our Website. We have not reviewed these third-party websites and do not control them. NAVIS does not assume responsibility for any of these sites, their content, or their privacy policies. NAVIS does not endorse or make any representations about them or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third-party sites linked to this site, you do so at your own risk and we invite you to read their privacy policies.
Additional Information for Individuals in the European Economic Area and Switzerland
If you reside or are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we provide the following additional information to notify you of certain rights you may have under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) if and to the extent it applies.
Legal bases for processing
We collect and process personal data only where we have legal bases for doing so under GDPR and related laws. The legal bases depend on how you interact with us, and may include, as applicable:
- The processing is necessary to pursue our legitimate interests which are not overridden by your data protection interests, which interests include:
- responding to your inquiries and fulfilling your requests;
- administering sales and marketing campaigns, including through the sending of direct marketing communications to current and prospective clients about our services and capabilities;
- operating and administering the Website;
- protecting the security and integrity of the Website and preventing fraud or other prohibited or illegal activity; and
- ensuring our compliance with the laws of the United States and other jurisdictions outside the EEA or Switzerland in which we operate.
- The processing is necessary for contract performance or to take steps to enter into a contract with you;
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation in the EEA or Switzerland to which we are subject; or
- You have consented to the processing for one or more specific purposes.
If you have consented to our use of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place.
Where we process your personal data for purposes of our legitimate interests, you have the right to object to that use, though, in some cases, this may limit or prevent us from responding to your request or providing our products and services.
Your Rights and Choices
If you are based in certain jurisdictions you may have specific privacy rights regarding your personal data. A brief description of some of those rights follows:
The Right to Know. You have the right to request to know (i) the specific pieces of personal data we have about you; (ii) the categories of personal data we have collected about you in the last 12 months; (iii) the categories of sources from which that personal data was collected; (iv) the categories of your personal data that we sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; (v) the categories of third parties to whom your personal data was sold or disclosed in the last 12 months; and (vi) the purpose for collecting and selling your personal data. Generally:
- Within the preceding 12 months, we have collected the categories of personal information detailed in the “Personal Data we collect and How we Collect it” section above.
- We do not and will not sell your personal data.
The Right to Equal Service. If you choose to exercise any of these rights, we will not discriminate against you in any way. If you exercise certain rights, understand that you may be unable to use or access certain features of our services.
Access, Correction, and Portability. You may reasonably access the personal data relating to you. You also have the right to request to correct incomplete, inaccurate, or outdated personal data. To the extent required by applicable law, you may request the transmission of the personal data you have provided to us to you or another company.
- Objection. You may object to any uses or disclosures of your personal data that are not (i) required by law, (ii) necessary for the fulfillment of a contractual obligation, or (iii) required to meet a legitimate need of NAVIS. If you do object, we will work with you to find a reasonable accommodation.
- Deletion. You may also request the deletion of your personal data, as permitted under applicable law. This may apply, for instance, where this information is outdated or the processing is no longer necessary or is unlawful; where you withdraw your consent to our processing based on such consent; or where we determine we should accommodate an objection you have raised to our processing. However, sometimes we may need to retain your personal data. For example, this may occur in situations in which we need to comply with our legal obligations, for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or in some cases, to fulfill the purposes for which your information was gathered. Restriction of Processing. You may request that we restrict processing of your personal data while we are processing your request or complaint pertaining to (i) the accuracy of your personal data, (ii) the lawfulness of the processing of your personal data, or (iii) our legitimate interests in processing this information. You may also request that we restrict processing of your personal data if you wish to use the personal data for litigation purposes.
To exercise your rights, please contact us using the information provided below. You may exercise these rights free of charge unless the request is unfounded or excessive, for instance because it is repetitive. In some situations, we may refuse to act or may impose limitations on your rights, as permitted by applicable law. Before NAVIS is able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and/or provide other details to help us respond to your request. We will not fulfill your request unless you have provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify you are the individual about whom we collected personal data. We will only use the personal data provided in the verification process to verify your identity or authority to make a request and to track and document request responses, unless you initially provided the information for another purpose.
If you have concerns about our processing of your Personal Information that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the country of your habitual residence, your place of work or where you consider your privacy rights have been infringed.
Retention and Deletion of Personal Information
We will retain your personal data for only as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, to honor your choices, and for any period as legally required or permitted by applicable laws and regulations.
The Website is not directed at nor intended for use by children under the age of 18. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect any personal information directly from children under the age of 18, and we will never use or disclose any personal information of a child under the age of 18 for marketing or advertising purposes. If you are under age 18, you should not use this Website and you should not send us personal information about yourself.
Changes to This Statement
If there are updates to the terms of this Privacy Statement, we will post those changes here and update the revision date in this document so that you will always know what information we collect, how we use it, and what choices you have. Your continued use of the Website following the posting of changes to this Privacy Statement means you accept those changes.
How to Contact Us
If you have questions regarding this Privacy Statement, or to exercise your privacy rights described above, please contact us via any of the following methods: email us at [email protected], call us at 1-888-706-1415, or mail us a letter using the address below:
Buehner-Fry, Inc. dba NAVIS
389 SW Scalehouse Ct., Suite 100
Bend, OR 97702
Attention: Privacy Office