The New Traveler Tribes of COVID-19
This guide explores how a pandemic changed the travel landscape, and how hotels and vacation rental companies can target this new breed of travelers.
The way we travel is changing. New traveler segments are emerging, and their needs are different than your average leisure guest. In this guide, we dig into the top 5 quickly emerging travel segments, what they need and expect from the properties they stay with, and how you can market to and book them. The top 5 travel segments are:
- Digital Nomads – Those that are blurring the lines of vacation and work, these travelers are working from anywhere and playing everywhere.
- Vagabonds – Similar to the work-from-anywhere digital nomads, these travelers are working and traveling, but for a different purpose: searching for a new place to call home.
- The Outdoor Adventurer – These hesitant travelers are skipping their usual urban vacation and trying out a more secluded escape in the great outdoors.
- Bubble Buddies – These travelers are getting their getaway fix by staying together with people in their bubble that they trust and prioritize to see.
- The Do-Gooders – In a year of hardships, many are looking for new ways to give back to those who have been the hardest hit. These travelers seek alignment between their values and travel dollars.